Attendant Room Job
Attendant Room Job – ( IHG Hotels Jobs)
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in – or get a bit of last minute work done.
Key Accountabilities: Attendant Room Job
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best – we have standards – but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Help guests – you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example.
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times – and wear protective equipment when needed.
- Be organised – keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimise waste.
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May have turndown duties.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important.
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects.
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Literacy skills – reading, writing and basic maths skills.
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.