Abu Dhabi Airport
Airport Operations Centre Controller Job
About The Airport Operations Centre Controller Job
Description – Airport Operations Centre Controller Job
AOCC Controllers will regularly rotate through different tasks in the AOCC:
Real-time resource management:
- Real-time management of aircraft stand allocation
- Changes in stands due to delays, unavailability, rotation changes, malfunctions of Centralized Infrastructure, or special requests
- Towing requirements
- Real-time management of Gate allocation
- Changes in gates due to delays, unavailability, malfunctions of centralized Infrastructure, or special requests
- Opening and closing times of gates
- Liaises with terminal operations coordinator for exchange of information with regard to changes in gates or special requests
- Real-time management of check-in counter allocation
- Changes in check-in counters due to delays, unavailability, malfunctions of Centralized Infrastructure, or special requests
- Opening and closing times of check-in counters in T3 at the departure level and arrival level
- Coordinating with Etihad and other airlines / EAS ground handlers / ATC for effective management of the resources available
- Be constantly aware of the current traffic situation, passenger loads, and handling progress.
- Monitor and react to changes in flight timings, and aircraft changes by adjusting the resource allocation in real time.
- Coordinate and communicate continuously with Apron Marshaller/Follow me, Dispatcher, in AOCC and ATC (especially on last-minute allocation changes and in adverse weather or capacity situations)
- Contribute within own scope and competencies to maintain a safe operation during emergencies.
Resource allocation planning/preparation:
- Ensure availability of latest schedules “Will fly” from Flight scheduling/Slot Management
- Verifying and cross-checking data
- Coordinate and advise Capacity Planning/Slot Management for approval of extra flights
- Planning of stand, gates, check-in counters allocation on daily basis 12/24 hour
- Coordinating with Etihad and other airlines / EAS ground handler / ADA SMS Slot Management Section for effective management of the resources available
- “Gating” of the typical week as seasonal forecast (winter/summer season)
- Analyzing and optimizing resource allocation
- Processing of SITA messages
- Ensure accurate, complete, and on-time operations data entry by updating the daily flight schedule data (in FIDS or future database, use of SITA text messages) according to changes in ETA, ETD, registrations, call sign…etc.
- Coordinating/notifying with Etihad and other Airlines / EAS ground handlers, BHS, and other relevant agencies on flight changes in flight movement or details on canceled, diverted, ad-hoc flights or re-routed flights.
- Conducting plausibility checks on collected and/or received data.
- Monitor constantly FIDS for accurate data display across the airport.
Qualifications – Airport Operations Centre Controller Job
- Full graduation from higher school (A Level or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a comparable position
- Basic knowledge of Airport Operation, basic airline processes, and ground handling
- Good computer skills (MS Office, file management in windows explorer)
- Good communication skills in English (verbally and in writing)
- Profound knowledge of Airport Operation, basic airline processes, and ground handling
- Basic Knowledge of ICAO Annex 14
- Experience with any resource allocation/planning system
- Experience with SITA Text